- Navin A. Bapat, Bryan R. Early, Julia Grauvogel, and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2020. The Design and Enforcement of Economic Sanctions. In: Economic Sanctions in Flux: Enduring Challenges, New Policies, and Defining the Future Research Agenda. International Studies Perspectives 21(4): 438-477. [Abstract]
- Fordham, Benjamin O., and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2020. Too Pacifist in Peace, Too Bellicose in War: Political Information and Foreign Policy Opinion. Journal of Conflict Resolution 64(10): 1828-1856. [Online Preview]
- Matthew DiGiuseppe and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2019. Economics, Security, and Individual-level Preferences for Trade Agreements. International Interactions 45(2): 289-315. [Online Preview]
- Katja B. Kleinberg and Benjamin O. Fordham. 2018. Don't Know Much about Foreign Policy: Assessing the Impact of "Don't Know" and "No Opinion" Responses on Inferences about Foreign Policy Attitudes. Foreign Policy Analysis 14(3): 429-48. [Abstract]
- Colin M. Barry and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2015. Profiting from Sanctions: Economic Coercion and US Foreign Direct Investment in Third-Party States. International Organization 69(4): 881-912. [IO FirstView] [Replication data]
- Katja B. Kleinberg and Benjamin O. Fordham. 2013. The Domestic Politics of Trade and Conflict. International Studies Quarterly 57(3): 605-19. [Abstract] [Replication data]
- Katja B. Kleinberg, Gregory Robinson, and Stewart French. 2012. Trade Concentration and Interstate Conflict. Journal of Politics 74(2): 529-40. [Abstract] [Replication data]
- Mark J. C. Crescenzi, Jacob D. Kathman, Katja B. Kleinberg, and Reed M. Wood. 2012. Reliability, Reputation, and Alliance Formation. International Studies Quarterly 56(2): 259-74. [Abstract] [Replication data]
- Benjamin O. Fordham and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2012. How Can Economic Interests Influence Support for Free Trade? International Organization 66(2): 311-28. [Abstract]
- Benjamin O. Fordham and Katja B. Kleinberg. 2011. International Trade and US Relations with China. Foreign Policy Analysis 7(3): 217-36. [Abstract] [Replication data]
- Katja B. Kleinberg and Benjamin O. Fordham. 2010. Trade and Foreign Policy Attitudes. Journal of Conflict Resolution 54(5): 687-714. [Abstract] [Replication data]
- Gender Discrimination and Preferences for Trade Protection, (with Alexandra Guisinger). Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Political Economy Society, San Diego, CA. November 2019. Under review.
- 'Folk Mercantilism'? The Structure of Uninformed Trade Preferences. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the European Political Science Association, Belfast, NI. June 2019.
- The Malady of Democratic States: Isolationism in Mid-Century Thinking about Public Opinion, (with Benjamin Fordham). Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, San Francisco, CA. September 2017.
- U.S. Attitudes toward the Use of Economic Sanctions, 1946-2012.
- Strangers with Candy: U.S. Attitudes toward Inward Foreign Direct Investment, (with Scott Boddery).
- A Least Bad Option? Microfoundations of Foreign Policy Substitution, (with Scott Boddery).